The Saltford Walkers are a local walking group based around Saltford and Keynsham, England. We walk two or more weekends each month of the year, from 2 to 10 miles.
We are subdivided into 3 groups, based on the length of walk that each does:
- Long Walkers: 8 – 10 miles
- Amblers: 4 – 6 miles
- Strollers: 2 – 3 miles
- Autumn Newsletter 2021
- Combined walk – Saturday 4th September, 20215 of us set off from Keynsham marina at 9-30 including one new member, almost immediately we encountered 2 very focused runners who didn’t want to wait for us to find a safe spot to pass by; beware in future! Walking towards the cycle path we saw our first swan and more alarmingly 3 dinosaurs,… Read More »Combined walk – Saturday 4th September, 2021
- The passing of one of our membersSadly, Ondré Haynes died on Sunday 15th August. Her funeral will be held on Monday 13th September at St Anne’s Church, Syston at 11.00am and afterwards at 12.00pm at St Annes Church Hall. Ondré’s niece Melanie Henry has said she would welcome Ondré’s friends at both the service and afterwards.
- Battlefields walks – Saturday, 7th August 2021We did two different walks this day: a 6-mile (Amblers) and a 10-mile (Long Walkers) walk, with an overlapping route. From the Long Walkers: 5 of us set off from Lansdown following paths over fields down to Woolley, passing an ambulance treating someone who’d been attacked by wasps. From Woolley we walked towards Langridge and… Read More »Battlefields walks – Saturday, 7th August 2021
- Strollers walk – Saturday, 17th JulyFifteen strollers enjoyed the circular walk from Bath Station, on a very hot day, and we were pleased to have two new ladies join us. Walking along past the Pavillion, and Pulteney Bridge, we walked through Henrietta Gardens, on to have a coffee at the Holburne Museum. This was the end of the shade! Onto… Read More »Strollers walk – Saturday, 17th July