The Saltford Walkers are a local walking group based around Saltford and Keynsham, England. We walk two or more weekends each month of the year, from 2 to 10 miles.
We are subdivided into 3 groups, based on the length of walk that each does:
- Long Walkers: 8 – 10 miles
- Amblers: 4 – 6 miles
- Strollers: 2 – 3 miles
- Walks 2021 – we start again in MayOur programme of walks restarts in May (assuming the lockdown relaxation continues as advertised). The season starts with an 8-mile “Bluebell” walk on Saturday 8th, and a 3-mile walk along the River Chew on Saturday 15th. Being affiliated with the Ramblers, we follow their guidelines, and are thus “Covid-secure”. In fact, we are classed as… Read More »Walks 2021 – we start again in May
- Walks 2020In light of the current situation regarding Covid 19 outbreak, and in line with government advice, walks are currently suspended. For more information please use ‘contact us’
- Offa’s DykeOn a beautiful sunny day in July the Walkers travelled to the Wye for an 8 mile walk. We parked in the charming village of Brockweir and wound our way past pretty cottages, a 16th century church and eventually the 13th century castle, which is now used as a youth hostel. We followed the Offa’s… Read More »Offa’s Dyke
- 02.09.17 – PortlandA glorious day for everyone who visited Portland. The long walkers were especially pleased to learn more about the island from locals Jim and Sue, friends of the walk leaders.