The Saltford Walkers are a local walking group based around Saltford and Keynsham, England. We walk two or more weekends each month of the year, from 2 to 10 miles.
We are subdivided into 3 groups, based on the length of walk that each does:
- Long Walkers: 8 – 10 miles
- Amblers: 4 – 6 miles
- Strollers: 2 – 3 miles
- The passing of Pam WalkerI was advised yesterday of the death of Pam Walker just before Christmas. I first met Pam and her husband Peter just after I had joined the Walkers. They were both worked for British Aerospace and had many interesting stories to tell of their trips abroad both with work and to visit their family. Karol… Read More »The passing of Pam Walker
- Pensford walk cancelledIn the light of the weather forecast – sustained, driving and torrential heavy rain – it has been decided to cancel this Saturday’s Pensford walk. In addition to being somewhat unpleasant, there are also parts of the walk which will be very slippery and potentially dangerous. We will, in fact, be re-scheduling for November. Pauline… Read More »Pensford walk cancelled
- AGM now to be onlineIn the light of increasing numbers of COVID infections in the local area, particularly the Omicron variant, it has been decided not to hold our AGM in one room together. Instead, we will be holding it online via Zoom. Please do not turn up at the hall, as we have cancelled our booking. The Zoom… Read More »AGM now to be online
- The passing of Alan CattellIt was with great sadness that we heard of Alan’s death on 12th December. We first met Alan and Liz in 2002, although they had joined Saltford Walkers during the 1990s and discovered that Peter had a lot in common with them with regard to long walking. As a result of this we became, not… Read More »The passing of Alan Cattell
- Christmas lunch – Sunday 12th December, 202140 members enjoyed a wonderful Christmas lunch at the Crown in Saltford. Here they all are.