The Saltford Walkers are a local walking group based around Saltford and Keynsham, England. We walk two or more weekends each month of the year, from 2 to 10 miles.
We are subdivided into 3 groups, based on the length of walk that each does:
- Long Walkers: 8 – 10 miles
- Amblers: 4 – 6 miles
- Strollers: 2 – 3 miles
- Strollers walk – Saturday 16th October, 2021Fifteen people went on yesterday’s walk from Newton St Loe. Warm dry weather and great fun.
- Amblers walk – Saturday 9th October, 2021Eleven of us set off from Saltford Hall heading towards the river armed with some historical facts of the village, points of interest on the way as several of our group were not familiar with Saltford. It was a beautiful day, sunny and very warm just perfect for walking. We had a coffee stop at… Read More »Amblers walk – Saturday 9th October, 2021
- Burrington Combe walk cancelledGiven the forecast for heavy rain and high winds, coupled with the fact that this walk takes us to the highest peak in the area, means we are unfortunately having to postpone this walk to a later date – probably next summer, when we are more likely to have appropriate weather. As well as being… Read More »Burrington Combe walk cancelled
- Autumn Newsletter 2021
- Combined walk – Saturday 4th September, 20215 of us set off from Keynsham marina at 9-30 including one new member, almost immediately we encountered 2 very focused runners who didn’t want to wait for us to find a safe spot to pass by; beware in future! Walking towards the cycle path we saw our first swan and more alarmingly 3 dinosaurs,… Read More »Combined walk – Saturday 4th September, 2021