The Saltford Walkers are a local walking group based around Saltford and Keynsham, England. We walk two or more weekends each month of the year, from 2 to 10 miles.
We are subdivided into 3 groups, based on the length of walk that each does:
- Long Walkers: 8 – 10 miles
- Amblers: 4 – 6 miles
- Strollers: 2 – 3 miles
- Amblers walk – Saturday, 12th June 2021Seven of us have just completed our first Amblers walk to the top of Kelston Round Hill on a beautiful sunny and warm day, resulting in fantastic views. It was enjoyed by all our new members who are very keen for the next walk. We are looking for volunteers from the club to lead walks… Read More »Amblers walk – Saturday, 12th June 2021
- June 2021 Social PostponedUnfortunately there has bee a double booking at Saltford Hall, so we have had to postpone this to October – hopefully 23rd October.
- Blagdon Lake- Saturday 5th June 2021This walk was planned nearly 18 months before we actually walked it. It was delayed because of the pandemic, and then got cancelled twice because of bad weather. However, this time the weather could not have been better. There were just 7 of us, and it was the first walk of the year after the… Read More »Blagdon Lake- Saturday 5th June 2021
- 8th May Bluebell Walk: cancelledAfter watching the weather forecast for Saturday, it is with great reluctance we feel we should cancel the walk for safety reasons, there are a couple of climbs which would be very slippery. We are so sorry that after all this time and anticipation the weather has beaten us.
- Walks 2021 – we start again in MayOur programme of walks restarts in May (assuming the lockdown relaxation continues as advertised). The season starts with an 8-mile “Bluebell” walk on Saturday 8th, and a 3-mile walk along the River Chew on Saturday 15th. Being affiliated with the Ramblers, we follow their guidelines, and are thus “Covid-secure”. In fact, we are classed as… Read More »Walks 2021 – we start again in May